If you’re looking into buying a new boiler, you’ll also be looking for something that is efficient, cost-effective to run, of sound quality and is designed to last.
With boilers one of the most expensive household purchase we ever have to make, it’s no easy decision when you’re looking to buy a brand new one so we’ve compiled a list of our best combi boilers of 2020 – to make that buying decision that little bit easier.
In a previous post, we went through how to choose a boiler which is on the market right now, and the most popular boiler across the UK right now is the combi boiler.
Combi boilers (short for combination boilers) are boilers which don’t need storage tanks or water cylinders anywhere else in the house. They provide instant hot water and heating direct from the boiler but aren’t great for homes with more than one bathroom or for homes that need various water sources working at the same time. That being said, they’re efficient to run and are quick and easy to install – making them a must for homeowners up and down the country.
Choose a warranty or boiler breakdown cover to last as possible to ensure you are covered if anything does go wrong. With the high price of boilers, it’s always a good idea to invest first so you’re covered for any unexpected costs later.
Always look at the efficiency rating of the boiler. The greater the efficiency rating, the more you will save in household bills – and that’s never a bad thing!
But, which combi boiler brands are the best to go for in 2020?
One of the UK’s leading boiler manufacturers, generally speaking Ideal combi boilers are a great boiler to go for – not least because of their reputation. They’ve been around for decades and so your boiler engineer is more likely to have Ideal spare parts – if, for any reason, it needed work.
Additionally, Ideal have a number of varying guarantees on their boilers on certain models and if you go through specific Ideal engineers.
- Typically costs between £275 – £925 for an Ideal Logic+ (one of their most popular boilers)
- Available in 24 kW, 30 kW or 35 kW meaning it will suit most homes
- Compact fit to ensure neat fitting in cupboards
- A well-known brand but in the mid-range for pricing
- Boilers include frost protection
- Great reputation
- Award-winning boilers
Founded in 1978, Navien prides itself on producing high-efficiency, environmentally-friendly products that have positive impacts on the world. A relative ‘new kid on the block’, Navien have successfully brought their outstanding boilers to the UK and are now market leaders in the field.
Since they first entered the UK market, Navien have been busy establishing an in-house sales team to help support installers. All are former service engineers, who collectively have years of experience fitting boilers across the UK and so can offer technical advice to installers as they try Navien’s products for the first time.
- Class leading flue lengths meaning the boilers can be installed almost anywhere
- Blue touch screen controls give full control of heating and hot water temperatures
- Stainless steel and brass construction ensuring reliability
- All Navien products are capable of using natural gas and LPG
- Self-diagnosis and error feedback feature offers quick trouble shooting guide
- SEDBUK A rated boasting the highest efficiencies for your heating and hot water requirements
- Flexible pricing options
Worcester Bosch are another leading UK brand; having been around for well over 50 years. Committed to delivering reliable and efficient central heating solutions, the brands’ boilers regularly appear in ‘best boiler’ lists and surveys and the group itself has made significant investments into future technologies as well as having a Royal Warrant for supplying heating systems to the Royal Family.
- Pricing anywhere from £750 to £2,000 including VAT
- Awarded Which? Best Buy for their Greenstar gas boilers
- Generous guarantee – usually around five years
- Their boilers are A-rated for efficiency – and could reduce bills by as much as £340 a year
- Their Greenstar boiler range can fill a kitchen sink in 45 seconds
- Simple, easy to use functionality and digital displays
A big brand, growing in popularity over the last few years, Viessmann was founded in 1917 in Germany and offer quality German-built boiler with cutting-edge technology.
All of the brands’ boilers are all A-rated as energy efficient and typically are quiet, compact and come with a comprehensive warranty option. In a survey by Which? In 2017, they found Viessmann as being the most reliable UK gas boiler and most well-liked by both engineers and customers alike.
- Efficiency of up to 98% on certain models
- Generous guarantees – some as much as ten years
- They have 13kW – 35kW boilers, which can heat anything from a 1-bedroom flat to a 5-bedroom home
- Centres based in the UK meaning it’s easy to get hold of parts
- Innovative solutions, high-quality internal components
- Cheaper than many other leading brands; prices can start from £750
Remember, if you’re looking for a boiler cover or even a brand new boiler – we can help! Generally speaking, when choosing a brand new combi boiler you need to be sure how easy replacement parts are to come by. Ensure you have either a technical helpdesk in the UK or certified installers in the country who will be source any parts for you.
Our 24|7 StayWarm plan will upgrade your boiler to a new, more economical model for the most competitive price of 2200 pounds together with a 10 year Heating & Hot Water Promise for as little as 25 pounds/month. Learn more here
Our professional engineers will be there for you 24/7 on every plumbing emergency, boiler breakdown, central heating issues, and annual service.
Contact us on 0333 358 0075 to find out what we can do for you today.